Saturday 19 November 2011

Production Diary - 19/11/11

I have now shot the initial footage for my music video, I took the Canon 550D away at the weekend and shot the main actress getting ready all in close ups and extreme close ups. I felt this went fairly well, as I got a variety of shots and as I shot in her room the lighting was very warm and went well with the bright colours. I did struggle at first with shooting in shallow focus however I feel some of my shots looks very effective and will be useful in my video.
I also shot on Wednesday after school in front of the green screen with one group of my actors, as well as miming the lyrics I also got them to use balloons, bubbles and silly string. I feel this effective in that not only does it make my video more fun and exciting, but it also helped my actors to relax and feel more comfortable in front of the cameras. This made them appear more natural and less rigid in their performance, thus making my footage appear more professional. However, I plan to shoot another bit of footage using a different group of actors, as my audience feedback suggested it would be difficult to direct a large group of people thus I divided my actors into two groups so I would still be able to have the variety of actors in my video.
I also craeted floor plans for each of my shoots that helped me in terms of placing everything correctly and helping my visualise what the shoot would look like and how it would work.

Prior to shooting my video I made an equipment list of everything I would need including cameras and props. This made sure that I did not forget anything on the day and that I had bought everything I would need so I would have no problems shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment