Thursday 30 June 2011

Production Diary - 30/06/11

This week I completed my research into music videos, which I created on a PowerPoint and uploaded to my blog as I felt it was more effective and interactive than simply writing out an essay. I have also continued looking at other existing music videos, both professional and by past students for inspiration for my own music video. Some of these can be found on my inspiration page, where I also plan to place pictures of locations and props that inspire me in terms of my video. I have decided on a possible song, Norgaard by The Strokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blxusFwdgbs&feature=related

I like the fast pace of this song and feel it would be fun and exciting to film. I am considering many different people lip singing the song, fast cuts and when the lyrics spell out 'Amanda' I plan to spell this out on screen with various things, from fridge magnets to people holding up signs of the letters. However, this song is fairly short so I plan to create ideas for an intro or outro to the song, in order the make my video longer.

This week I have also been conducting some similar product research. I began by looking at digipaks and analysing various album covers. I tried to ensure I chose covers that were of a similar genre to what I plan to make my coursework, indie/rock music. This will ensure that I understand the generic codes and conventions of these covers and can apply them to my own product, making it more realistic, professional and well informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment